Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Passion of the C Pt 2

Hi All
I’ve been back at the mixing bowl, still not using the oil, and trying again with melted butter, I thought this time if I mixed the eggs, sugar and melted butter together for a bit longer than last time, it might make it moist. Well surprise, surprise! It wasn’t, I used soft brown sugar, with half white and half wholemeal flour, hoping to get the colour I was after (I think the mix of flour didn’t help either) adding more spice, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Once again my independent judging panel claimed the texture and taste reminded them of Bulla cake! If you do not know what this is, it is a West Indian style pastry sometimes Know as Bulla bread! Normally eaten with cheese and avocado pear. If you are looking at the picture of this, you can see why I was not pleased! Although the same thought came to me when I first tasted it lol!
I think I am going to have to succumb to the powers of the oil, as this is clearly not working. Anyway back to the mixing bowl!















Bye for now.

PB x











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...