Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Something old

Hi All


Over the weekend I attended the Vintage Festival on the Southbank. I was really looking forward to going to this, as I had looked at the pictures online at last years event at Goodwood and I was able to get a cheap ticket which got me into the events going on in the Royal Festival Hall. Although the Festival was celebration of fashion and music over the last fifty years. The majority of people who attended were dressed in outfits form the 1940's - 1950's and 2011 which the latter part was the style I adopted, ahem, check out the piccies below:







I really enjoyed all the outdoor activities, the food stalls , the refurbished double decker buses and the vintage market you had to get to in a hidden part of the Southbank over a small foot bridge, it made it feel like a secret hide away full of treasures. I felt slightly disappointed when I went inside for the events in the Royal Festival Hall, although this had craft workshops, makeovers and a retro living room to listen to music. I felt the vintage retro feel was slightly lost. I had meet an old friend while I was there and they said the same thing, as they went to the one at Goodwood and they I felt they were completely transported back in time at that event. However over all it was a good day and I will definitely go again next year!


Bye for now!



PBX




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...